Tuesday, October 30, 2007

Blog Rename

I have received some negative feedback from people regarding the name of this blog. People have indicated that the name is a bit negative and may put some of my intended audience.

My goal was simply to have a name which seemed catchy and memorable. I figured "Chapman's Constant Complaining" accomplished both goals. I wanted a name with alliteration. I also figured the name would be unique.

However, due to the feedback I received, effective today this blog will be known as "Chapman's Coding Corridor". I still get to keep my alliteration and I still think it is a somewhat unique name. I think it also emphasizes the positive role this blog should play.

Chapman is simple, it's my name. Coding is also simple since this is intended to be a technical blog revolving around software development. Corridor is a little less clear. I chose corridor, since, first, it begins with C and I like alliteration. But second, because corridor implies a path. It implies there is a goal with this. It indicates progress and improvement for myself as well as the people who read this.

The current feed address is still http://feeds.feedburner.com/ChapmansConstantComplaining, although I do plan to change it to http://feeds.feedburner.com/ChapmansCodingCorridor. If your news reader stops finding my blog in the next few days, please redirect it. I'm sorry for any inconvenience this may cause.

--John Chapman

No comments:

Blogger Syntax Highliter